lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2008

Sweden, Bredband and Xavi x5258-p2 router

So, since I arrived here, in Stockholm, most of the time I've been speaking English so I've decided change the language of this blog to English. Because is more useful for everybody and also, I want to practice my writing English. So, here's the first post in English:

well, When I arrived here, I saw I can connect to the net by cable or by wifi. The problem was the wifi has WEP crypt and so, since it's too insecure, I decided to change it to WPA crypt.

The first problem was that the router is in Bridge mode so the ip given is a public one and what we need is enter in a private ip: 192.168.1.1, the address of the router. Then, first of all we have to configure our computer with a ip in the range of 192.168.1.1/24 like, for example: 192.168.1.2
Now, we open our favorite browser and write the address 192.168.1.1.
Now, it should appear this on your screen:



There are two ways of enter: as user (less and basic options) or as admin (all access) so:
For admin: user: admin // pass: qwerty
For user: user: user // pass: user

If we enter as an admin, It will appears this:



All changes you do in the wireless configuration, must be followed by a restarting of the access point ("Management" on the menu, "System command" and "Restart access point"



Good luck for everybody who has this router!

No hay comentarios: